Sunday, May 29, 2011

Am I Satisfied With My Life? (What is enough?)

Paul teaches us and emphasizes that we are to be satisfied with what the Lord has blessed us with, whether it is in riches or the total opposite. We all go through difficult times. Other times, we are very satisfied with what is going on around us. At all times, we are to be content and continue to remember that our goal is to be forever with our Lord Jesus. Sure, we have concerns in this life. We need to clothe, feed, and shelter ourselves and our families. We work hard to do these things. But we should not be anxious about it, since the Lord will always provide enough. Key word: enough. If "your ship comes in", praise God. If it doesn't, praise God. And remember that we have our treasure stored up in Heaven.

Philippians 4:11-13 says:

11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.  (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment